The Library is delighted to welcome groups created around a particular interest or hobby. These groups are ongoing, non-instructional, free and open to the public without registration. Following are the groups which meet regularly at the Library; new members are welcome to join at any time:
a) Mah-Jongg: two groups - one on Tuesday mornings, the other on Tuesday evenings - both on the lower level.
b) Stitchers & Knitters: two groups - one on Thursday mornings, the other on Thursday evenings - both in the Board Room.
c) Library Prose Writer's Group: meets on Wednesday afternoons in the Board Room; focuses primarily on fiction and memoir.
d) Adult/Teen Chess: meets on Wednesday evenings in the Board Room.
e) Canasta: meets on Friday afternoons on the lower level.
f) Drop-Spindle Spinning (Fiber Arts): meets on the first Friday of the month (effective January 2019) in the Board Room. Before joining, please call the Help Desk at 986-1047, ext. 3, or email Sue Gardner at email@example.com, so that we may arrange for equipment and materials. There is a small materials fee to cover the cost of wool used.
g) Book Discussion Groups:
- Science Book Group: meets the 3rd Monday of the month
- Non-Fiction Book Group: meets the 1st Tuesday of the month
- Sustainable World Book Group: meets the 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Tuesday Evening Book Group: meets the 1st Tuesday of the month
- Thursday Morning Book Group: meets the last Thursday of the month
- Eclectic Book Group (reads a variety of genres): meeting dates set @ each meeting
- Mystery Book Group: meets the last Friday of the month
Some activities, like the stitching groups, can accomodate any number of people. Others require a specific number of participants, such as mahjongg. If you are interested in joining a group, please inquire first at the Help Desk (986-1047, ext. 3.) We will try to connect you with a group suitable for you. Likewise, we will be happy to assist you in organizing a completely new activity group, if it can be accommodated at the Library; for this, please call Kathleen Georgalas at the Library at (845) 986-1047, ext. 5 to discuss.